Financial Assistance

Williamson County, along with our municipalities, are currently conducting preliminary damage assessments to determine the magnitude of damage and impact of the flooding event on individuals, businesses, the public sector and our community as a whole.

Individuals who had damage to their property are encouraged to fill out the Storm Damage Survey at the link below. While there is currently no financial disaster assistance available, this information will be provided to the state and used to determine our eligibility to apply for federal assistance. 

If the President issues a declared disaster that includes our county, there are generally two type of assistance that can be approved. Public Assistance and Individual Assistance.

Public Assistance provides supplemental federal disaster grant assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly owned facilities and specific facilities of certain private nonprofit organizations. This assistance includes debris removal, repairs to publicly owned roads and bridges, water control facilities, buildings and equipment utilities, and the restoration of public parks. This type of federal assistance can provide 75% reimbursement of eligible expenses which can oftentimes eliminate the need to increase taxes or invoke rate hikes to successfully recover from the event.

Individual Assistance can provide supplemental assistance to disaster survivors for unmet needs caused by a disaster. Support may include assistance for temporary housing and housing repairs, critical disaster-related expenses, the replacement of essential personal property, and funding to local governments for related program services.  

If a disaster declaration makes financial disaster assistance available to our area, that information will be posted to this page.

If you have flood insurance, you should continue to work through your insurance provider.

For further assistance, individuals can call the Williamson County Emergency Management Agency at (615) 790-5752.

Link to Damage Survey: