Williamson Fire/Rescue is staffed by volunteer professionals. That means that virtually none of our firefighters are paid for their services! This is where YOU can give back to your community.
We accept volunteer applications all the time. If you are interested in being ONE of our family, you can fill out the online volunteer interest form. We will contact you (usually within 24 hours) with a detailed application form and setup an appointment to get you on your road to helping your neighbors in ways you likely haven’t dreamed of!
Williamson Fire/Rescue will provide 100% of the training required at no cost to you! After completion of a comprehensive background check from the FBI, you are asked to complete a physical agility test that will help you to see what basic rigors you are going to be faced with. You are then required to attend your training classes!
You will be required to take and pass the following Recruit Academy Career Path:
· FF050 State required Introduction to Emergency Services Class
· FF100 State required Basic Firefighting Class
· 4 Hour Tennessee Emergency Management Hazardous Materials Awareness
· 8 Hour NFA Courage to be Safe
· 16 Hour State required Live Burn
· AHA BLS CPR
· 60 Hour State required Emergency Medical Responder
o And associated License
· 12 Hour EMR Ride and Hands on Ambulance Tour
Additional training is offered to continue the volunteer professional’s experience and career aspirations. These are typically handled through monthly training classes offered throughout the year at each individual station. However, program specific training is also provided quarterly.